Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break Outing 3.17.2010





Yesterday Carli, Sierra and I went to downtown Tempe to walk around and see the sights. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed frozen yogurt at MoJos, where the girls shared a bowl with lots of sprinkles and other fun toppings and I had my own with some peanuts and almonds on top - it was delicious! After we finished our yogurts we took a walk to the pharmacy (Carli had to use the restroom and it was the closest) I bought a small bag of cheetos (you know the single serving kind?) and we split them three ways...and a pack of gum. When we finished our treat, we climbed about the orbit and headed to the transit center to catch another orbit to Tempe Marketplace. When we got there (about 35 minutes or so later), we went to Target and walked around(for a little while. On our way out we stopped at the Nutrition aisle and picked out three different nutrition bars (99 cents each) and went outside to eat them. YUM! When we were done, the girls were not ready to go home, so we walked over to the District part of the marketplace and low and behold we found a little water play place. The girls were not prepared to get wet, but I let them anyway. I watched them play for 45 minutes - maybe an hour jumping in the water and the got absolutely soaked from head to toe! I took pictures of them playing in the water. They had so much fun. We are going back today, and this time the girls are prepared to get wet!
****UPDATE****
We were all set to return today and even nearly arrived at our final destination - but, Carli couldn't keep it together long enough for us to walk over to the water. We stopped at Target to get a snack and while Sierra and I were looking at the food choices, Carli decided to walk over near a checkout stand to look at an Ariel doll, without telling me first. When I couldn't find her I was terrified. When I finally turned around and discovered where she was, I was livid! I started to walk out of the store and Sierra obediently followed me, whereas Carli did not, at least not right away. When she saw that I was serious, she began to walk with us. She begged and pleaded that she'd stay with me and behave, but by then it was too late. Once she walks away, it's all over. She knows store rules well enough that she shouldn't have walked away without first telling me. Fortunately for us the orbit we'd ridden to TMP was still there. I spanked her little behind and told her to get on the bus, then I apologized to Sierra for having the day be a bust. They were both grounded for a little while and then I let them play. Now they are at Anna's house, and I will have to go get them very soon. Still not sure if I should let Sierra spend the night or not, although they have been getting along better today. We'll see.

No comments: