Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going back through older posts...

So, I went back through some of my older posts just to see what I'd talked about in the past. I found a post on tofu and how much I thought I didn't like it. I remember trying tofu a long time ago and not liking it very much. But, more recently, my husband used tofu in a recipe with chicken and he chopped it so fine I never even noticed it. So, I guess I like it now, especially if it's chopped really fine.

Another interesting topic I'd discussed was meeting biological family members and getting to know them. During all of this, my relationship with my father has not changed. I haven't spoken with him very much, I'm not sure why. And to me, that's sad. I miss him, and don't want him living there anymore. I want to get to know him better, have a real father-daughter relationship with him, and that's hard to do long distance - which anybody would understand. So, over the past couple of weeks I have been discussing the subject with my husband, wondering if he'd be open to the possibility of having my father move in with us for the duration - essentially the rest of my father's natural life.

He hasn't exactly said 'yes' to the idea, but he hasn't said 'no' either. So I still need to find out if having Harry move here is a viable option. We are certainly NOT moving to Libby, MT. We like where we are, James is about ready to start his job w/the post office, I'm a teacher's aide at my daughters school and she will be entering the third grade come August of this year. I already have her teacher decided on, she knows she'll finally be upstairs and is looking forward to staying with all of her friends and classmates. I'd hate to disappoint her by picking up and moving to what I would consider a 'foreign' town . It's windy, cold and snowy for long periods of time in MT and I am (after 10 years in a very sunshiny state) not willing to go back into the deep freeze. Not now, not ever.

That being said, this post has been concluded.

No comments: