Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beginning of Day Two of Babysitting



Babysitting, in all honesty, seems like such a 'babyish' term, especially when one is babysitting an 8 year old girl. So, I guess I should say 'watching' or some other more eloquent term.

The girls had a bit of hashbrowns, with a little extra sharp cheddar cheese melted on top and a glass of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (yup, the girls decided they'd pick 17 grapefruits off a neighbor's tree and I didn't like the idea - so I told them they had to squeeze the juice out of them! In hopes that they won't do it again). I rinsed them off and cut them in half, gave them a bowl for the juice and two big spoons to help them get the pulp and juice out. I put down a big plastic bag underneath everything on the kitchen table so that if they did make a mess clean-up would be effortless - and it was. I sent them on their merry way to play outside while I strained the seeds and pulp out and into a pitcher. I added some sugar and put it in the refrigerator to get cold overnight. I told them they could have some tomorrow (ok, now today).

Now, on day two the girls are watching yet another movie and eating a healthy snack (they must be growing as they seem to be hungry almost all the time!) of chocolate graham cracker Goldfish. Which, by the way, they both seem to love!

I will end here, for the moment...

No comments: