Saturday, March 20, 2010

Babysitting all done!

Well, I am finished babysitting Sierra. It was a lot of fun and and great learning experience for me. Carli and Sierra got along pretty good, but not as good as they could have. I guess after being in such close proximity for as long as they were I would have to say they did okay.

Yesterday (Friday) was the culmination of it all. Sierra spent Thursday night - apparently she's an expert at spending the night away from home. As a result, there were no crying episodes, no "I miss mom!" Which was good. I hope Carli learned from it - since she's never slept over anywhere before. I'm not so sure I'd like her in someone else's house for the night, ya know? But, I suppose if it were Alice's house, I'd be okay with it...even though I'd probably check on her at least 5 or 6 times via textmessaging until I fall asleep exhausted with worry. Sorry...it's the mom in me and I can't stand being away from my baby girl.

I don't mind her going down the street to play with the neighbor children because I can pop in anytime I want and it's all good because I know where she is and who she's with. I know the kids and they all know me. I like it that way because then I know who I'm letting my child be friends with. They are all very respectful and behave themselves accordingly. And that's good, because then they know they won't get in any trouble. Yay for children who act like good little boys and girls!

Spring Break is almost over. Tomorrow is the last official day and then there are a couple of months until school is out for summer. It's hard to believe another school year has come and gone so quickly.

I'm signing Carli up for summer school and pray that we get the scholarship so she can attend. It's four-week, 4 days a week, 4 hours a day school and although she really doesn't need to go for grades or any kind of serious help in anything, just going and being around other kids, being exposed to learning will keep her occupied long enough to not be bored! I'm also considering signing her up for Summer Day Camp through the UofA Cooperative Extension office which is only 5 days after Summer School is over...I hope that Summer Day Camp works out. I'd really like for Carli to be a whole part of that experience again, especially since she had such a great time last year.

No comments: