Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day & Last week of Summer Enrichment Program

So today is special for two reasons: It's Father's Day and it's the first day of Summer. Although here in AZ who would really notice it's the first day of Summer? I mean we're lucky when the temperature is under 120 degrees. Actually, I feel very blessed to live in a state where there are 365 days of sunshine. So what if the temp is over 100? If I'm indoors where it's air conditioned I don't give a hoot what it's like outside as long as I don't have to be out in it for more than about 20 minutes. Unless I have ice tea or any type of drink that has ice in it, I'm good. So onto Father's Day - James was lucky today. I made our usual Sunday breakfast and did a pretty good job at it. He liked it and that's what matters most. Carli requested I make his breakfast in a smiley face just like we do for her. James thought it was pretty cool. What a dad.

Carli starts her last week of Summer Enrichment Program tomorrow and I don't know how she's going to feel about it exactly. I'm certain she'll miss her BFF Sierra and I guess I'd better take some more pictures of the two of them this week, if I can. Although Sierra's mom and I are now friends on Facebook and the girls can chat with each other provided we're on at the same time. On July 6th Carli will be attending her first Summer Camp through the 4H. That should be exciting. She'll be going on field trips - to where exactly - I don't know yet. I haven't received any information on it and when I do of course I'll blog all about it.

No comments: