Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Carli and sleeping through the night in her own bed

Carli successfully slept through the night in her own bed last night, without once getting up to come into bed with James and I. She even managed to sleep without having the television on all night. I went and turned it off around 10 p.m. when I myself went to bed.

I thought she would wake up and fuss about it, but she didn't. I was surprised, but happy that she remained asleep. I guess she didn't because before she went to bed we told her that she was to try and sleep without having the t.v. on all night, I told her that I would be coming in to turn her t.v. off after she'd fallen asleep and she acknowledged that it would be alright if I did.

So, I did. Yay for Carli managing to stay asleep all night, in her own bed, in her own bedroom. It wasn't very difficult for her because I think she really wants to do it and not sleep with mom and dad anymore. She's nearly 8 years old (November) and she is ready to be a big girl.

No comments: