Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Break






So, it's Fall Break. A friend of mine from work posed an interesting question. Why is it that Arizona has Fall Break but very few other states do? Good question, Alice. I wondered why too. A friend of hers answered: So the schools can close down and do A/C maintenance. Alright, I'll go along with that.

Ok, enough about what we're missing while we're not at work this week and onto how Fall Break is going and what's been happening the past few days in this Brown household. James took a break from work for a little while this morning and mixed up his famous Banana Bread recipe. I put it in the oven to bake for just over an hour. When I thought it was finished, I pulled it out to check for doneness and the toothpick came out with goo on it, so I knew it wasn't quite ready. I went back about 10 minutes later to check it again, less goo, but still not ready. I went back a final time (about 5 minutes ago) to check and the toothpick came out clean, so it is now sitting on the kitchen counter to cool. I took a couple of pictures and I will post them on here.

Also today, Carli and I planted some herbs that Dad bought yesterday. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme and Basil. Today, dad bought pots and Miracle Gro soil. Each pot has a skewer in it that tells what herb is growing. I have pictures of these to share as well.

Enjoy Fall while it lasts!

No comments: